Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Horn

jsmith6752 ยท 2008-12-31 16:29

Can anyone tell me if it is necessary to have a horn relay on a 1840 case? My schematic doesn't cover the horn so I don't know whether to use one or not......thnaks

Replies3
  1. #1shane2009-01-05 09:46

    I guess no one knows, so I'll offer an opinion, assuming that your'e looking to add a horn to your machine and BTW, the schematics for options are often on a separate page. Case may offer a horn kit, I dunno. I'm further assuming you're going to use a pushbutton switch on your drive lever, and I would use a relay, to lengthen the life of the switch. The nature of momentary-on switches leaves them prone to arcing the contacts with high operating current, and the nature of relays lets you separate high operating current from lower control current in a system.

  2. #2dirt digger2009-01-05 16:05

    there should be a horn on that machine...the red button on the right stick should be the horn

  3. #3jsmith67522009-01-06 05:34

    thanks thank you for your response.....I think I have everything working as it should