Hi, I'm a new member to this forum, I have enjoyed reading the threads on hydraulic problems. My issue is with a Case 1845C skidsteer, when travelling forward the machine drifts to the right. I have to correct the steering by slowing down the left drive. While travelling in reverse the machine drifts to the left, i have to correct the steering by slowing down the right side. I hope you get the issue. I had the hydrostatic pumps worked on and one of the motors replaced awhile back. Is the servo out of adjustment? Thanks Dan
has anyone messed with the controll linkages on the bottom of the controll levers? there are threaded rods with clevises on them and if they are not adjusted properly or if the linkage is worn the machines will not track straight, or creep without input.
Agree with above. Check all of your linkage. If all tight you make adjustments to the system linkage and stops to even out the controls. Does the machine try to creep while just sitting still? IIRC on the adjustment for that on that machine is a spring plate bolted to the tops of the motors. If its not creeping leave those alone and just adjust the linkage and stops. JJ
Thanks for the quick replies. No creeping, I will look at the linkage adjustment and return with an update.
Welcome to HEF Dano6.5! Firstly be sure all the tyres on the machine are the same size. Next, does the lever travel feel the same on the two sides? By pushing the levers fwd at the same time, does one travel more then the other? If so & it coresponds to the what the problem is - there are adjustable stop screws for fwd & rev located behind your legs while in seat. If the levers feel like they are travelling the same distance, you may have a weak drive motor. Possible one side is younger than the other & so is more efficient....:beatsme - are the motors painted the same colour? Or one may have a problem & not working properly.You could adjust the stop & cut back the travel on the faster side. That will work in the short term but if there is a problem it will continue to develop & the weaker side will get worse.