Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sometimes Litt/Tilt works and Sometimes it doesn’t???

Merman22 ยท 2012-11-24 15:47

1998 Bobcat 863 problem. More often than not my lift and tilt won't work. Fire up the machine then when I press the button my 2 lights come on the handle so it looks like all is good, but as soon as I make a movement to make it tilt then the right light starts to blink and I get no movement. If my first movement is to try and make the bucket go up or down then the left light blinks and I get no movement. Then other times it may work just fine for an hour or so and then all of a sudden just quits again. Any suggestions? I'm figuring I have a sensor problem, but have no idea where the sensor is located.

Replies7
  1. #1Bobcatdan2012-11-24 16:45

    How many blinks? The LEDS will flash a service codes. I'm guessing you have a bad acturator.

  2. #2crewchief8882012-11-24 17:25

    if it's still there, look in the little operators info packet behind/next to the seat. i think the ACS/AHC codes are listed there. sounds like you have bad connection in the hand controls, may be water or oil in a harness connector between the ACS/AHC controller and actuators :drinkup

  3. #3Merman222012-11-24 17:50

    5 blinks.

  4. #4Bobcatdan2012-11-24 22:41

    5 blinks is a bad acturator. switch the connectors between the lift and tilt acturators and see if the LEDS flip flop. One LED is for lift and one is for tilt. If you change them, check to see if the control valve is leaking, hydraulic oil will take the acturators out.

  5. #5Merman222012-11-25 10:02

    THANKS!!!! Now for the next question. Where is the actuator located? As luck would have it, I do happen to have on laying around. If I could get it swapped out today I'd be a very happy man! Oh, and is there a trick to getting the little braided fuel lines on and off? Well actually on I guess. I got one I need to replace as it is leaking fuel. I remember replacing some a few years ago and they were no fun at all.

  6. #6Merman222012-11-25 19:12

    Thanks for all the help. I think, key word "think" I've got it figured out. Long story, but I think it is as simple as a wire connection. Great thing is it is easy to get to because it is right by the ignition key! Now it did take me a while to find that and in the process I figured out that I am not a bobcat mechanic, nor do I play one on TV! I said a special prayer for all bobcat mechanics for there to be a special place in heaven for you fine folks. Anyone that gets up in the morning knowing you have to tie your self in a knot to fit in the confined spaces of a bobcat deserves a special place!

  7. #7crewchief8882012-11-26 18:34

    it's only the 1st 1000 bobcats that are hard to work on, they get a lot easier after that.:lmao :drinkup