Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 1845c vin number ID

firedude26 ยท 2012-04-16 22:16

trying to figure out the year of this machine, any help? thanks vin # JAF0101608

Replies47
  1. #1Goose2012-04-17 19:25

    That is a 1992 machine. They ran from JAF0101010-JAF0102861

  2. #2firedude262012-04-17 19:37

    thanks, now wheres a good place to find a service manual? also a owners manual?

  3. #3pcweber2012-04-29 22:26

    Is there a site to enter a case VIN into and have it return all info on unit?

  4. #4thegreyrider2012-04-30 07:34

    Coleman Equipment had a page with all case VIN number ranges and years of manufacture, but i cannot find the page now.

  5. #5dakuch2012-05-10 14:34

    My 1845C is number JAF 0280278 what year would that make it. Thanks Jim

  6. #6thegreyrider2012-05-10 20:22

    1999

  7. #7lpeckosh2013-07-31 18:51

    Missing Id Tag. I recently purchased an 1845c the ID tag is rubbed off from where the seat was rubbing against it, any ideas on where else I can look for an Identifying number >

  8. #8kshansen2013-08-01 09:30

    At the risk of being a smart *** I'd say the shelf behind me right now. But the boss would not like me to sell or give it away. Just put a new starter on ours this morning. I could possibly scan some pages for you and email them to you. Whole manual woould be a little much. Ours is a 1989 so there might be some differences.

  9. #9trvguy2013-08-05 22:17

    need help with vin no. vin no. JAF0016317 what year is this? thanks for any help.

  10. #10sims2013-08-17 22:05

    1988

  11. #11psu9272015-04-26 17:01

    Hey guys just curious what year JAF0017326 is, as well as does anyone know what was improved on in the newer year machines? thanks

  12. #12sims2015-04-26 17:47

    Early 1988. The early models had planetary drives. I don't know if that is better or worse over the newer models. SimS

  13. #13rico74672016-02-18 09:37

    Case 1845c JAF0193433.YEAR?

  14. #14sims2016-02-18 10:44

    1996 Starting Serial #JAF0179685 Ending Serial #JAF0220286 Your machine was manufactured in 1996

  15. #15rico74672016-02-18 10:54

    Thank you Do you happen to know what the jic fittings are on the hydraulic hose that go from the tandem to the drive motor? It looks like an 1"1/4" on the tandem and 1" on the drive

  16. #16jason pressel2016-03-10 18:39

    I have a 1845c and when I back up the it doesn't turn to the left. It moves slowly. If I go forward it goes just fine. I check the adjustments and it hit the stopper on top of the pump. Not sure what the heck is wrong with it. Any suggestion.

  17. #17rico74672016-03-11 07:19
  18. #18jason pressel2016-03-12 18:37
  19. #19rico74672016-03-12 18:57

    One thing you can check is the relief valves in the tandem pump. There are 4 2 in the front pump and two in the rear with the charge pump in the middle and it also has a separate relief valve. Just swap out the left and right side and see if it then struggles to go right and you'll know if it's the relief valve and buy one. You can get ahold of Danfoss and they will give you local hydraulic shops that carry parts and you'll pay 1/4 of what case charges. That's what I did when my charge relief was bad. As far as the starting fluid I wouldnt know that answer my best guess would be a glow plug issue. I would post another thread and you'll probably get your answer

  20. #20rico74672016-03-12 19:03
  21. #21Mhook2016-08-15 11:54

    Vin Year Anyone have the year for the Vin# JAF0135655?

  22. #22chevy942016-08-15 13:57

    1994-1995 http://www.colemanequip.com/account/login.asp?redirFromLink=1&redir=/modelyear/Default.asp Here is the website someone alluded to earlier in the thread.

  23. #23OffRoadSHO2018-03-17 15:38

    How about JAF0103425? I was told it's an early 1845C. Thanks.

  24. #24David Wagler2018-09-01 15:20

    What year is 1845C vin JAF0171215 ?

  25. #25sims2018-09-03 09:06

    The P.I.N. search page is no longer present on the Coleman site and I did not save the chart. Maybe someone has it on their computer. Sorry. SimS

  26. #26waynesweb2020-08-12 01:26

    sorry im new and ive been trying to get on here for a week it is so hard to get this answer but you guys are throwing the answers out like candy trying to learn the year of my 1845c JAF018068. I dont know how to ask a question without interfering here sorry

  27. #27waynesweb2020-08-12 01:36

    sorry im new and ive been trying to get on here for a week it is so hard to get this answer but you guys are throwing the answers out like candy trying to learn the year of my 1845c JAF018068. I dont know how to ask a question without interfering here sorry ah ha i think this is where i should ask??

  28. #28sims2020-08-12 08:04

    JAF018068 ?? I think you are missing/forgot a digit. But it looks like it might be here: Year 1996 Starting serial number JAF0179685 Ending serial number JAF0220286

  29. #29bad Tom2020-08-12 08:19

    Coleman dropped the CASE line some time ago.

  30. #30Tinkerer2020-08-12 08:28

    Welcome to HEF, Waynesweb ! You are not interfering. You posted your question right where it should be.

  31. #31waynesweb2020-08-15 23:00

    Thank you Sims you're right I left off A0I did that where do you find this list I would love to know that and Tinker thank you for The welcome let me know I was in the right place

  32. #32sims2020-08-16 07:44

    I finally got around to making a JPG file of the 1845C serial numbers. Everybody enjoy!! SimS

  33. #33waynesweb2020-09-02 14:09

    God bless ya simms im sure alot of people will benifit from that one

  34. #34kshansen2020-09-02 14:33

    Well just for fun I ran the number off the one we had at the quarry since new, just sold at auction this summer. It is JAF0039895. That agrees with the model year we had on it. Anyone here from, I believe some place in or near, Texas buy a used 1845C this summer?

  35. #35waynesweb2020-09-02 14:50

    I just received my filter package for my 1845c and i received the cd manual from eBay for my vehicle and things just dont match up any knowledge on this would be awesome. I only have one fuel filter on my vehicle. and I received two one has a water release on the bottom, the screw hole is bigger than the one in the regular fuel filter. so cant use the water separator, now here is the question there might be an adapter to connect the water separator filter instead of the regular fuel filter ( they both look like oil filters) is that the solution. the manual only shows one filter for fuel and it has the water separator in it. the manual also shows a primer bulb but mine does not have one.

  36. #36kshansen2020-09-02 15:51

    Don't know what to tell you I figured a quick look at the Case Online Parts would say what filters fit your machine well what a piece of you know what from the rear end of a male bovine that site has become! I know they screwed up what until a few months back was an excellent source of information for the old IH/Farmall Tractors by removing part numbers and descriptions of all non-current parts. So you go to look up something and only part numbers there are for stuff like lock washers and cotter pins. Now the same idiots appear to have decided to "improve" the construction market parts information! Rant over for now! And yes I did send a reply to Case and it was long enough I had to delete the last comment to have room to post my email address!

  37. #37C.Jr2021-02-10 05:28

    I have a 1845C with the vin number 1AF02029857, need to know the year of manufacturing. Any help??

  38. #38phil3142021-02-10 08:02

    vin number should be JAF followed by 7 digits. You got 8, double check your vin again.

  39. #39Bill tolar2022-08-21 07:07

    Case 1845 serail number 9841561 what year is it

  40. #40bad Tom2022-08-21 11:06

    My books do not go back before 1984, but on the average numbers built per year, I would guess it was built in about 1982. Is it a B series or a straight 1845?

  41. #41Bill tolar2022-08-21 13:22

    Not sure a guy had it listed for sale as a 1996 , for $8700 I didn't think it was a 1845c. Thank you for your response

  42. #42Kory Kreisler2022-08-21 15:18

    I worked on these machines for case in the late 90's. Bulletproof engine & hydraulics. Most problems were sticky relief valves and chains/sprokets in the gear case. How many hours on the machine? Some high hour units just plain needed a little juice to wake up for the first time of the day.

  43. #43Larry662024-05-05 11:28

    case 1845c serial number JAF0080171 any idea year ?

  44. #44Larry662024-05-05 11:29

    or where i can get a repair manual for the 1988 or 89 macjine

  45. #45phil3142024-05-06 10:41

    1991

  46. #46Richard O'Neill2025-10-07 08:11

    Hi. My old case 1845c has pin starting GCJ. Not JAF. This is confusing for identifying age for parts. Any ideas? I'm in England, so export model number maybe? Thanks for any help.

  47. #47Samarskii_ma2025-10-07 08:14

    Case Uni-loader Skid Steer Loader (europe) | CASE Construction | MyCNH EU Store www.mycnhstore.com