Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845c Where to find Pin and bushing parts for loader

pwcracer ยท 2018-11-07 17:17

I have been searching for hours and can't find any online. I see a ton for Bobcat, but nothing for my Skid Loader. Perhaps they are a unicorn part? There is slop in several of the pivot points and I want to resolve that.

Replies11
  1. #1kshansen2018-11-07 19:17

    Not sure if you are looking for OEM or some cheaper aftermarket parts. If looking for OEM and there is no dealers near by you could try these people: https://www.colemanequip.com/parts/...hassis-Attachments-4u/LOADER-LIFT-FRAME-nvu6/ I'm sure there are others out there but that was the first I found right off.

  2. #2sims2018-11-08 06:24

    As mentioned by kshansen, Coleman Equipment is a good place for OEM parts. To save a bunch of money over OEM prices I made my own bucket bushings and pins. This is simple, relatively slow moving technology. I searched ebay and found one NOS bushing. I used it as a "template" and made my bushings from hardened stock also found on ebay. I sourced 4140 round stock for the pins from McMaster-Carr. I used the existing pins for the needed dimensions. Everything works great and no more slop. The original bushings were paper thin and the pins were badly worn. Now I'm a maniac with the grease gun after seeing all the wear that was present on the old parts. Good luck. SimS

  3. #3Jeepwalker2018-11-11 23:20

    Sims, that was a great idea. Did you make all new bushings, or just lower bucket bushings? What was your process of removing them? O/P: Pins and bushings are avail from the dealer. They're not cheap, but if you only need a couple .... Sometimes our dealer has a spring open house where they offer a certain discount on parts. I never checked if they did a fall or xmas discount. Might be worth asking.. Thanks!

  4. #4sims2018-11-12 07:24

    Jeepwalker; I made the bushings on the ram end of the bucket cylinders. Removal was easy. There are two bushings separated with a small gap in line with the zerk fitting to allow grease into the joint. You can take a punch and drive them out by striking the bushing at the gap to knock them from inside out. If they have any wear, they pop right out. Some of mine were badly worn and almost fell out. SimS

  5. #5pwcracer2018-12-04 10:42

    Thanks for the responses. I found the bushings I need from coleman, they are #10 on that link, but It doesn't list pins at all for #10. I wonder if I could make them...

  6. #6sims2018-12-04 11:34

    pwracer; You can make them. You can reuse the retaining straps by grinding off the existing welds, popping out the shaft and welding in the new round stock. For round stock, I just ordered some 1" 4140 round stock from McMaster and cut them to length using the originals for templates. Each pin is around six inches or a little over. SimS

  7. #7kshansen2018-12-04 12:17

    To find the pins you have to look under what kind of bucket or Quick-attach system your machine has on it. Or just make your own!

  8. #8Larpy2019-03-22 23:40

    I am ordering the 4140 from your source to replace my lift arm pins. Did you have a machine shop drill your in holes? I am thinking 4140 is tough to drill without the correct equipment.

  9. #9sims2019-03-23 07:26

    Larpy; I didn't have to drill any holes. I replaced the bucket ram end pins and bushings. Those pins are retained with a strap and a bolt. I think drilling 4140 could be done with sharp drills and plenty of lube/cooling. If you are talking about the retention holes in the upper lift arm pins, they are not a precision fit so a little DIY drilling would probably work fine. SimS

  10. #10OffRoadSHO2021-03-28 17:18

    Sims, What did you make the bushings out of? What was the outside diameter of the bushing material? The hole in my ram has been wallowed out so I will have to machine it back to round first. I assume you pressed in your newly made bushings and if you did, did you then have to ream it back out to 1" inside diameter? Tom

  11. #11sims2021-03-28 21:36

    @OffRoadSHO ; I searched ebay and found some bushing material that matched the OEM bushing dimensions. Something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Bush...767841?hash=item2f41584921:g:V5IAAOSwWapejh~Q I cut them to the OEM length and case hardened them. I don't think they need to be hardened but I think the OEM ones are slightly hardened. The pin and bushing rotate so slowly that I don't think the wear is that rapid if they are well greased. BTW the bushings are not the full width of the ram. There are two bushings per ram with a space between them to allow the zerk space to inject grease. SimS