Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Operating CAT CTL without front window

rust buster ยท 2018-11-07 18:49

I busted the plexiglass front window on my CAT279C and had to remove it. I'm having a hell of a time tricking the machine to think it is still there with the safety switch telling it the window is closed and safe to turn on the bucjet hydraulics. Does anyone have the wiring diagram to close that circuit? Thank you!

Replies9
  1. #1DIYDAVE2018-11-07 19:58

    Why not just fashion some sort of clamp that does the tricking, on the switch, or is it magnetic?

  2. #2ianjoub2018-11-07 20:06

    Why not just remove the broken plexiglass and leave the frame. You could also replace the plexiglass. I did mine in 1" thick stuff for running the mulching head.

  3. #3Jonas3022018-11-07 20:16

    on the 279 D you plug jumper into the harness behind the left side of the seat below the stereo its hanging there on the harness Not sure if they are the same worth a look though

  4. #4rust buster2018-11-08 09:07

    Thanks for all the replies. The actual switch got busted at the same time the glass did. I had some luck for a while jamming a screwdriver into the hole left in the switch. but that no longer does the trick. I don't know if it's just my machine or what, but taking the door off and on properly is a real PITA so looking to take it all off for a while and figure out a better mounting/quick disconnect. On the jumper behind the seat, do you know what pins or am I just unplugging what's connected there?

  5. #5Nige2018-11-08 11:05

    Without a Serial Number the following info is not guaranteed 100%, but here goes ......... This is what the generic door switch wiring looks like Wire 200 Black is ground. Wires G943 Blue & G944 Yellow connect to the machine ECM. As you can see the switch has both a normally open and a normally closed connection. The ECM has to see ground on one side of the switch and open circuit on the other side simultaneously. When you open or close the door the contact that was seeing ground must change to be open circuit, and the one that was O/C should now see ground, if that makes sense.

  6. #6kshansen2018-11-08 14:55

    Looking at that diagram I'm thinking one could just wire in a SPDT on-on switch in the the harness.

  7. #7rust buster2018-11-09 22:19

    Thank you! I will give this a shot this weekend. The serial # is CAT0279CAMBT00766

  8. #8Nige2018-11-10 04:37

    The wiring I posted in #6 above is correct for your Serial Number. If you want the complete electrical schematic for the machine just ask.

  9. #9rust buster2018-11-20 21:27

    Thank you all. Jumping the blue and the black wires in the connector to the door, did the trick. I'm back up and running!