Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1850 K steering issue

BonneBay · 2021-09-14 14:16

Hello, i have a customer with a Case 1850K serial number HHA185LPN8HC51102, It works fine cold but after 20 minutes of run time the steering is sluggish. If you lift the blade it will steer normally so i'm thinking its a load sense issue or priority valve issue. It has a new steering pump. Just wondering if anyone has seen this and/or if anyone knows where to test. I'm currently looking for a manual. thank you everyone

Replies19
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-09-14 15:35

    Welcome to HEF, BonneBay ! I cannot help you with the problem. But, be careful if you purchase a manual. There are 3 different series of that tractor and six different parts books for 1850K's.

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2021-09-14 23:15

    Welcome to HEF BonneBay like Tinkerer said those 1850K's have a lot of different parts and repair manuals that are confusing to say the least. So do your research on which manual to get. You may want to get with your local Case dealer to see if they can help you out, providing your have one close.

  3. #3Midnightmoon2021-09-15 08:21

    It's a b not an 8 in serial number series 3 machine one parts manual 2 service manuals

  4. #4Vetech632021-09-15 08:37

    Hell, I thought the K series machines were all the old Fiat drivetrain, at least the ones I was around were. Torque convertor, transmission and steer clutches, etc.....

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2021-09-17 16:40

    I believe you are correct about the early "K's" being Fiat machines. They were (and are) power shift transmissions with electric shift solenoids. The problem with the early machines was that even Fiat had no idea what parts were in which machine. Long story short the dealer I worked at waited 6 months for a harness for an early machine because no one knew what part it was.

  6. #6kith2021-09-19 18:02

    The 1850 k does not have steering clutches,it uses a hydraulic motor mounted on the top of the rear transmission that works thru planetaries to steer it. There was a you tube video at one time that showed how the steering worked.

  7. #7BonneBay2021-09-20 10:09

    Hello everyone, Thank-you for the responses to my questions. I apologize, i''m not very adept with forums so if i don't reply or "like" your responses it's probably because i don't know how to navigate LOL!! I will let you know how it's going on this project, I haven't had time to dig into it yet. Thank you again

  8. #8hunterdog9672022-12-16 19:06

    great information here , i was called to a 1850k today with a bad hydraulic leak under the cab . I'm used to cat dozers where the floor boards come up and there is visibility under . this machine looks like the cab comes up . can anyone give me procedure to lifting cab thanks

  9. #9Vetech632022-12-16 19:35

    unhook the throttle rod from the injector pump or the bellcrank....its a coupler connector. Remove 6 bolts from underneath the right side from the rops pads. Insert jack handle and start jacking. It's been a while so I hope I didn't forget anything Undo the quick couplers at the control valve linkages behind the right rear lift door where the jack pump is.

  10. #10hunterdog9672022-12-16 19:38

    thanks appreciate it

  11. #11Coy Lancaster2022-12-16 21:45

    Vetch is right about the procedure to raise the cab. Just FYI those bolts are super fine threads so be careful when you start them back.

  12. #12hunterdog9672022-12-18 09:44

    thanks worked great ,pilot pressure line under cab blew ,thanks again

  13. #13hunterdog9672022-12-18 09:45

    very true but not an issue starting thanks for advise

  14. #14hunterdog9672023-01-01 16:42

    Hi people another case problem i need your help with ,got a call a 1650K case dozer (don't have serial number yet) shot a code 08 and lost reverse . Hopefully a code for a solenoid does anyone have some information on this .

  15. #15Coy Lancaster2023-01-02 20:18

    The reverse solenoid on the trans control valve is the likely culprit. Also check wiring for said solenoid.

  16. #16hunterdog9672023-01-03 10:23

    Is there anywhere online I can find schematic and Troubleshoot process. Or is it best to buy repair manure

  17. #17Coy Lancaster2023-01-03 13:07

    The repair manuals on these machines are confusing. It’s hard to figure me the right one even with serial number. The control valve is located on front lower corner of transmission housing. You’ll have to drop the belly pans to get to it. You can use a volt meter to test each solenoid. You can go to the online case parts catalog to get part numbers cnhistore.com

  18. #18hunterdog9672023-01-03 17:53

    thanks for the information really appreciate the help

  19. #19Coy Lancaster2023-01-03 18:57

    I hope it does help good luck.