I'm new to posting on here have been reading forums for while but can't seam to find answer to my problem. So I have a 1962 case 530 it has 188 Diesel engine I use it all the time runs great..went to start it today started up for a second then died ? I think my injector pump failed I have an electric fuel pump I use to prime my injection pump before I start it up cold ..so I know I'm getting fuel to injection pump ..I open my lines up coming out of injection pump to injectors and am not getting any fuel coming out ? I pull the timing window cover on pump and it is spinning ..before I spend big money on rebuilt injection was looking for some advice on what to try to determain my problem ..is it in my injection pump ? Is there any thing I can do to fix it my self with out sending it out ? ..thanks for reading my post will be thankful for any help or advice ..also any suggestions on where to get pump rebuilt ?
Check fuel screen, and then check the shut off screw.
What he said....
Thanks for your help .when It started and stalled it sounded sick ? I just got done messing with for few hours i ran electric fuel pump for few minutes while cranking it with strong battery it started blowing smoke out exhausted then started up ? ? I've owened it for 20 years never done that before ? thanks for all your help hope the pump isn't on its wAy out
After your second explanation, I'd say you just have air in the system. But that doesn't explain why you're not getting anything out the injector lines. Wait, are you saying that it is running now? or were you describing when it started for a second and then died (and hasn't started since)?
It is now running perfect ? Not sure what happened it has died in the past that's why installed and electric fuel pump to prime system when it dies and that always works starting it back up again but this time took few hours to fire up ? Thanks for your help