Do they make a PTO take off for this tractor I would like to run a brush hog on it instead of buying a farm tractor any information would be helpful thank you Kevin
You'd have to look at a spec. sheet to see if a PTO was an option. It might also depend on the type of transmission. If it was an option it might be pretty expensive to add now if the parts are even available.
Thank you Dave I will do some moor checking I tried to look in my parts book did see anything I'll keep looking. Thanks again Kevin
See if there's a brochure online.
I don't know for certain, but I highly doubt it was ever an option. The skip loaders are built so heavy back there, I think it would be a real pain to use. I have seen Case 480LL with PTO's. You can buy a real decent tractor such as a MF230 or 245 that will run a brush hog all day long for just a couple gallons of diesel.
Any of the ** tractors with the 3 cylinder Perkins sip fuel. The only one to avoid is a 235 with power steering. Lots of problems with the power steering. So bad that the 235 was only made for 2 years and replaced by the 245 with full hydrostatic steering. 235 was considered power assist. Manual steer 235's were fine. A 230 is lower HP and basically a lower cost option if you don't need as much HP as the 245. I think the 230 had a power assist steering option that was better than the 235 system. If I recall the 230 was around 34 PTO HP and the 245 was 42 PTO HP. An earlier 135 was 38 PTO HP and a very desirable tractor, especially the diesel. It was/is the most sought after acreage tractor. I read that the Perkins AD3-152 was the most popular engine ever put in a modern tractor. Good reasons for that too.
A hydraulic powered PTO kit use to be avaialble. Don't know if it was for all models. Here's some info: https://burlingtoninstallation.com/pdf/pto_description.pdf Case Northamerica website says they're still avaialble for a 570N EP https://www.casece.com/northamerica/en-ca/products/tractor-loaders/overview