Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sullair oil pressure switch

david6148 · 2024-01-07 15:17

Hi, I have a 2006 model Sullair 185 compressor, I believe the oil pressure switch is causing the unit to shut off. I want to change the switch, however I can not find it for the life of me. I googled it several times, looked at a parts manual , to no avail. It has a John Deere Engine, please help

Replies7
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-01-07 17:10

    Welcome to HEF David . If it’s a 4024 Deere engine I would say it’s in location shown in pic attached. .

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-01-07 18:35

    I found a generic oil pressure switch for my Cat track loader at an industrial supply. It was made by Cole Hersey I think. I don't think it matters if the pressure to operate it is off 2 or 3 PSI. I seem to recall one was 7 PSI and the other 10 PSI or it might have been 5 and 7 PSI. Anyway it threaded right in and no problems and was a lot cheaper than the Cat switch. I think it basically powers the hour meter on my machine but I can't remember if it prevents the engine from starting. It was a long time ago I replaced it.

  3. #3david61482024-01-07 21:23

    Thank You very much, I thought that was for the water temp, i did see that switch and it has only one wire going to it, does that make sense ?

  4. #41693TA2024-01-07 21:29

    Yes it does. Many of those switches are simply "Make, or Break" with different pressure settings to "Make" meaning close contacts. Basically shifts a ground into the system probably pulling a contactor or relay in someplace else upstream.

  5. #5david61482024-01-07 21:40

    Thanks Again, your the Best !

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-01-07 23:45

    I can't remember if the pressure switch on the Cat was 1 wire or 2 wires.

  7. #7HarleyHappy2024-01-08 10:48

    If your oil cooked at all it will coat that pin inside and cause issues.