I live in New Zealand and my boss borough a Case grader last year, now I think he may replace my D7H with a Case 2050m. The grader was the first Case grader in NZ and I think if he got a 2050m it would be the first Case bulldozer sold new in NZ since the 1980s so I don't know any thing about them! What do think of them, would they have a long working live, 10,000+ hours?
Just my opinion the D7H would probably put 2 if not 3 of these in the ground. I've heard limited experiences with this tractor. The one thing I noticed in the specs was the use of the 6.7 liter engine which seems to be a little light for the application. Where I live , Case dozers did the majority of the work in the 70s and 80s. CAT finally put a lot of sales pressure on. I remember looking at the first D6H in the county. I was a kid 12 or 13 years old. I was amazed by it. If Case can build it like the old 1450 were , they might get back in the game. As far as hydrostats in that size machine , Deere has been doing it as well as Lieberr ( not the ones marketed in different badging) I ran an early 80s Deere 855 loader , hydrostat. For it to be the size of a D6H with hydrostatic control it was a gentle giant to handle. There may be some guys here that have actual seat time. Next time I need a machine that size if the rental rate is right I'll get it just to try it.
Case 2050m Yep, there is still some D7RII's still out there for sale and I think they would be a better fit for our work, but in saying that our pioneering work is winding up and we soon be doing more clean up type work, he was hopeing to buy a D6T but our Cat dealer "Goughs" would not give him much of a trade in on the D7H. That why he is looking at a Case.
The 2050m is a relatively new machine on the market. There is one in my area, just shy of 10,000hrs now. No major component failures in this time span. For being one of the first off the production line, its been fairly good. The 6.7L engine is enough for this machine, due to the drive being hydrostatic. As for pushing power, its comparable to the 850J deere, or a D6R. From my understanding, this machine is all Case, and made in the USA (unlike the 1850k)