Wasnt sure of where else to post this, but I know the same motor is used in some backhoes. Anyhow I bought a Case 585c forklift. It sat out in the woods behind a friends house, guessing it hasnt ran in 5 years or so. Put a battery in it, gave it a small sniff of ether and she fired right up. Ended up getting a flat tire, getting it stuck in the mud numerous times, everytime I went to start it though, it would idle fine, and was responsive when throttled up. Finally got it out of the woods, drove it home a mile and parked it. Next day, could not get it to idle when cold. it will idle somewhat when warmed up, still responsive when revved up though..still seems to have good power One thing I have noticed, Sometimes I have a steady drip of diesel fuel coming out where the throttle shaft enters the inj. pump. Could this have anything to do with it? Is there a bad shaft seal? It did it when it was running good as well. I did buy new fuel filters tonight, I will have them on as soon as it quits pouring rain. Wondering what you guys think it could be. Thanks
First things first, Check fuel supply & filters - if it's been sitting a long time could have bug in fuel tank.