I'd like to know if there's any issues of swapping 580K 4wd components into a 580 SE 2wd.
I would think there would be many, many, many, many, many issues. 4wd backhoes are designed way different than 2wd backhoes. Your also talking about two different series of machines. Plus the 580K 4x4 has two drive shafts on the front end. There is a lot of complexity in a 4wd backhoe.
If you had 2 580 superKs side-by-side, it would be very easy,since the stub of the front driveshaft comes out of the front of the transaxle, and is used for the parking brake on the 2wd. All you would have to do is swap out the front axle at the articulation joint, install the driveshaft, yoke, and seal, and the control linkage. Going to an SE is something I've never tried, but I would expect it to require considerable fabrication. The biggest question for me would be where to get the power, as I don't know how that works on an SE. Good Luck, Mitch
What style of park brake is on the 'E'? If it doesn't have the disc at the front - the pinion will have to be changed. If it has the front disc, the transfer case will need to be fitted from the 'K' to the 'E' - assuming the 'K' is not phase 3 - then not possible at all. The chassis' are different, so I would guess the driveshaft to front axle would be too long. Plus the driveshaft from shuttle to the transaxle may not swap straight over. Never heard of this being done - not saying it can't be as there is nothing time & money can't fix - if it were me I'd be upgrading the whole hoe to a 4wd if that was what I needed.
Thanks you guys, I"ll look for a parted out SE with it similar. I forgot about all the different 580K versions that came out back then.Too much hassle.