Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 310F backhoe attacment question/looking for used unit

DIEBOG ยท 2013-08-05 02:37

So this crawler I have originally came with an backhoe attachment but the previous owner took it off and it didn't come with machine when I got it. My question is, where would one go to find a used unit that came on my rig or one that would work? I have read that the same backhoe unit came on some other models around that time frame mine was made. I have a welder and can fab brackets or what ever is needed to make it work. I'm hoping someone out there has one and could send me a pic, of how it attaches to rear unit and how the hydraulics are ran. Or maybe someone has done what I want to do and knows a good alternative backhoe attachment that one could make work on this size dozer. Thanks Jeremy

Replies4
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-08-05 10:49

    You can go to casece.com and look at your parts book for your machine, it will show all the hook up info. Most used the 310 backhoe but some have also used the 33 hoe on the later machines. You may find a older 430,530 think those had the in closed boom like a 310 ,480,480b,c,d,e or 580 with a 33 hoe, would not want a extenda-hoe on that machine myself with the added weight. You can always find a skid steer backhoe or a 3 point unit for sale and weld up a bracket to fit also depending on your needs, just thinking out loud.

  2. #2DIEBOG2013-08-05 13:04

    Thanks for the suggestions. I never even thought about using a skid steer hoe. Ill have do do some more research like you mentioned to see how I will need to hook it up. Currently the tractor has this big steel plate bolted to the back end that has a center ram and two lower fixed attachments where a scraper box or the big weight with rippers can attach. Sense this model came with a backhoe, I think someone modified it to have the 3 point for use of the scraper box or ripper/weight. I can see areas where someone used a cutting torch to make this rear plate fit the back end. Ill take a pic of what was done when I get home today. Maybe what I want to do is just not possible? I guess anything is possible, I mean to be user friendly so I can go from scraper to rippers or backhoe without having to "reconstruct" the back end every time. What would an estimate approx for a used backhoe attachment? I've nee priced these out and don't even really know where to look. I don't want to drop so much into this that I could just go buy a older kabota or something similar for he same price. Sense the diesel motor in it was rebuilt and has almost no hours on it, and the fact that I just replaced every hydraulic hose and repainted it, I think it would be worth it if the price was reasonable.

  3. #3DIEBOG2013-08-12 01:02

    So I scored this 480 backhoe for my dozer, now I just have to figure out how to mount it. It has the mounts on there from the guy I got it from which are skid steer mounts. In my manual it shows a mounting arm/bracket like the pics below. Anyone know where I may find a used set? What would the technical term be for these? Backhoe mount?

  4. #4sheepfoot2013-08-12 10:04

    That is a nice find, you will spend some time calling the bone yards for the links, to hook it up. Those links are built to put the stress in the right spots on those smaller units. If like you said before the lower frames are still their and just changed/ cut off for the rear plate it should not be to bad of a job to weld some new ears and make a set of top links to install, you could find the male plate of the skid steer and weld it to your plate also, but I don't think it would hold with the weight of your machine and the stress of digging, due to the locking hookups on most skidsteer mounts. I think that new Holland had more than it wanted also, just looking at it.