Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 310g Dozer – Blade Float Causes Engine Lugging

Airman89 · 2025-09-12 09:49

When I tried to float the blade the engine lugs hard and wants to stall, the blade stays where it is without dropping. Anyone dealt with this? I would assume the issue is in the valve body for the controls but I didn’t know if anyone could direct me where to look. I do hear the fluid moving through the valve body pretty loud when I try to float. Thank you.

Replies4
  1. #1Simon C2025-09-12 21:32

    Sounds to me like an engine that is not getting sufficient fuel. Have you done all necessary engine work lately, air filters, fuel filters. Unless you are over relief on the control valve and at low RPM. Is that thing turbo charged, if it is how much boost pressure was there as it did this. Have never worked on your exact unit but maybe someone else will chime in with some experience. Simon C

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-09-13 08:50

    Sounds like you’re hitting your pressure relief valve. Does it only do this in float? There could be a problem with the spool.

  3. #3Tones2025-09-13 16:03

    Time to reseal the valve body me thinks.

  4. #4Airman892025-09-13 16:51

    Yes it only happens in float but now the lever keeps getting stuck more frequently when trying to lower the blade also. It’s like it is “catching”. I think your right time to open it up take a look and reseal. Minor amount of fluid coming out at the top too by the lever.