Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 350 power tilt control valve reseal.. Hopefully

Eric a1cnc ยท 2025-05-11 17:15

I am working on replacing the o rings on the control valves on my dozer. I got the 2 spool valves out no problem after making a wrench to loosen the plastic gland nut. My problem is the scraper is gone from the square nut and the manual shows a 2 piece Retainer to hold the scraper in. I can't see how that would come apart to replace the scraper. I am hoping someone has been through this before me. TIA for any help

Replies3
  1. #1Eric a1cnc2025-05-11 17:21
  2. #2alrman2025-05-11 23:49

    If the genuine parts are not available, maybe you can fit a steel backed oil seal in there? Even if you need to machine the nut a little to give you the correct O/D?

  3. #3Eric a1cnc2025-05-12 08:00

    Great minds think alike. That was my thought for the seal too. A couple places list the part but at $196.00 seemed a bit much to me.