I have to replace the brake bands on my 350 dozer . It doesn't steer well when it's cold and not at all when it's warm. Can I do that by taking the back cover off ?
You are going to need to post the serial# of the machine to get real help with repairs. I believe that the Case 350 model was/is an older model dozer and as far as I remember the brake bands are serviceable by removing the back cover but other more experienced people will be along to help you soon, lots of far more knowledgeable people than I ready to help others on this site.
I thought they were all the same . It's a 1978 model. Thanks in advance.
I thought they were all the same . It's a 1978 model. Thanks in advance.
It couldn't hurt to remove the cover...it should be evident when you get that off. However, it's been a while, I may be confusing the 350 with the 310.="adw4343, post: 1082533, member: 126710"]I thought they were all the same . It's a 1978 model. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
I had a 310G and broke the brake bands a few times. The 310G was awful to get to turn and stop due to the brake bands not being very effective. You need to keep the brake bands adjusted as tight as you can without them not releasing when you let go of the steering lever. They are changeable by removing the back plate and from memory they were a bit of a juggle to get out, but doable. Mine had rippers so they had to be removed to replace the bands. I foolishly ran LSD oil in the trans at the time and I think that may have made the brake even less effective.
Thank you much. I've got the motor apart on my old 580c . Hopefully when I get it back together the dozer will be next.