I'm looking at a Case 350 to purchase. UC is decent and the diesel purred. I was amazed that it started right up in 30 degree weather. question 1 - how sloppy should the steering handles be in neutral with the engine running? Will they firm up once it is in gear? question 2 - How do you put it in gear? question 3 - is 6200 hours too much? How many can I expect to get out of her? I am buying it to clear land for food plots and build an MX track. I'm sure i'll think of more uses as time goes on.
350 The 350 were a continuation of the earlier 310. The steering is diff style & the steer housing requires a special oil. Steering can be a pain in the %&)#! Brake bands often break after too much pulling on the levers.Some guys can change them in a short time...after much practise. Good,economical little machine if armed with ripper & 4 in 1 bucket. Check out the caseterratraccrawlers site...they will help you. I sell 310/350 parts in Australia. Jim
Parts of a 350 shouldnt be too hard to find over here in the us. Might have to be patient and search at times rather than expect to find them on the shelf. Hows the crawlers bottom?
Track was at 95%. It only has 1/8th inch stretch left. I'll look into turning the pins. Only needs one new roller. Unfortunately it needs alot of bushings and pins for the loader. $$$$$ I have one more to look at saturday and it's a 350B.
I sell 310/350 parts in Australia. Jim[/QUOTE] Hi Jim, I'm also from Aus and I'm needing to find some parts for my case 350 drott, can you help me?? I live in Melbourne thanks Peter
Peter, I have some 310G & 350 parts. I'll PM you... Jim
After reading your first post, I think you should be careful what you buy and get a mechanic or someone very knowledgeable to examine the machine. Old crawler loaders can be very hard to work on and a money pit, also hard to sell, so it is a buyers market. Pick the most common, and newest machine you can find. Be leary of a machine you cannot work first, or have no opportunity to do so. Renting it for the day would be great. Undercarriages can be quite deceptive, you are wise to measure the stretch. By the time the chains need to be turned, 3/4 of the life of the chain is over, and probably better to buy new. A chain with turned pins and bushings, unless they are new, still has the same amount of snake(your enemy), and still just as apt to come off the bottom rollers, every time you back up and turn. Phil