Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 4-390 need to rotate the engine. Will this tool work?

airettewhite ยท 2015-05-15 12:38

I'm changing the power shuttle and torque converter oil and I need a special tool to do so. My engine the 4-390 is mentioned in this http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?item_ID=641106&group_ID=675478 Snap on tool page, the 3.9 I think. And then they have this one http://www.handsontools.com/OTC-7471A-Cummins-Engine-Barring-Tool_p_8244.html that's just for Cummins engines. I'm very new to diesel engines and don't have any experience yet so I please help me

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2015-05-15 19:07

    Either of those will work fine. It is possible to turn the engine by hand if you wish. The tool does make it easier, but they are very slow.

  2. #2Dirtdauber2015-05-15 19:54

    Here is one I found. http://www.toolsource.com/cummins-engine-rotating-tool-p-129078.html

  3. #3airettewhite2015-05-15 23:17

    Great! Thank you so much for the fast response. This site is a big help to newcomers like myself and is very much appreciated. Thanks again.

  4. #4airettewhite2015-05-15 23:28

    This site is great! They have everything and at the best prices. Thank you just got my rotating tool from them.