Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 40 XT

Bossross81 ยท 2021-06-04 23:39

Any Case skid steer experts out there that can help me out as I'm stumped on why my Case 40 XT wont start. Soo what happened was I was out unloading my welder off my welding truck the other day when I jumped out to hook up cleaves and sling, which I've done multiple times leaving skid steer running while I hook it all up ..but while I was out hooking everything up my skid steer decided to shut off ..Long story short the reasoning it shut off was low coolant, but now that I topped off the coolant (which it barely took any coolant, maybe half a liter) and the continuous beeping and coolant light is out and it still won't start!!! ..Is there a relay that I gotta reset or?? ..If anyone could help me out that be muchly appreciated!!! Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1bad Tom2021-06-05 08:47

    The first thing to check is the foot petal for your hydraulic function. You can hit that with your foot getting out of the machine and if it's not in neutral, it will shut off the engine. Make sure it's in neutral.

  2. #2Bossross812021-06-05 11:47

    That being said Tom, it was like 20 seconds before it shut off so if I happened to hit that pedal wouldn't it of shut off right away??? ..But I'll go check that pedal here now and I'll let you know!!! Thanks!!!

  3. #3Bossross812021-06-05 11:54

    I was gonna change the fuel filter on it as that could be a possibility too, but the reason I haven't is cause I cant get the cab of the skid steer to roll ahead as the lifting arms are in the way ..Gotta raise it up as far as it'll lift before you can roll the cab ahead, soo ..But I'm gonna check that pedal now!!!

  4. #4alrman2021-06-05 17:04

    The 3 x green lights on rhs panel, are they on? Check fuses. Make sure relays in fuse box are clean & secure.