Hello, My quick attach cylinder is leaking and the cost for a bed one here in Australia is of course very expensive. $1300!! Can somebody please tell me if these can be resealed? They don’t seem to have unscrewable cap. thznks. Andy
I don't believe they unthread, but, you didn't give a serial number, or, more importantly, a cylinder part number (yet you know the price).
It S a ZSA 2005 cat 287b. Yes of course I have seen that photo you have shown on the web, and yes that is the part I need. But I rang Westrac ere in Australia (our CAT dealership) and the part is $1200. That’s Australia for you. thus I ask, does anybody know if they can be resealed.
In Australia, we pay the cost of the part, then the 100% markup, then 100% for the sales ppl to order and have it ready for us. We can’t use ship via Amazon like you can in the US. And who would trust shipping atm?!
Yes you can fix them cat says no me being cheap I found you can there's a wire snap ring holding in the head dig it out and pull it apart then the eye will unscrew from the the head will pull in two so you can get the seal out.
I showed an aftermarket part, not oem, priced at $299 UsD. OEM caterpillar is $870 UsD.
Hi, thank you, yes I spoke to a hydraulic expert today and he believed it would have a ring circlip type thing that closes the seal in so yes I believe that the cylinder can be repaired instead of purchasing new.