I’m new to skid steers. I recently bought a case 40xt that everything works great except the right side drive. It makes a kinda whining sound like it’s bogged down but won’t move forward or reverse. The left side is fine, the arm raises and lowers just fine and bucket tilts in both directions just fine. I pushed the can forward to get a look everything looks fine except where the right side joystick linkage meets the drive pump (I’m assuming) there’s some hydraulic oil not much but enough to tell. Does anyone have any helpful advice on what could be going on? I bought the owners manual and parts manual and have those. But I’m still waiting on shop manual before I start digging in since I’m not very familiar with skid steers yet.
Also the right joy stick seems a lot tighter as far as not wanting to move easy
You can put machine up on blocks, and then engage drive, to see if something is binding. Perhaps a chain, or bearing has piled up. Alternately, you can make sure hydraulic oil is at proper level. Maybe pull filter and check for metal debris. Caution, when machine is blocked, and engaging anything hydraulic, be aware of where you are, in relation to moving parts.
Oil level is good. That’s a great idea with the blocks