Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 259D

Elrod007 ยท 2025-11-12 23:39

I raised the cab on my skid to clean out the inside. When I put it back down the yellow caution light came on. I do not know if raising the cab caused it or it was just a coincidence something has caused an issue at the same time. My question is i , is it resettable or do I need a diagnostic tool to reset and verify what the code is Serial Number is :G4 10031 Thanks.

Replies18
  1. #1Nige2025-11-13 03:51

    Can you post a photo of the plate please, or at least confirm the last 8 characters of the 17-character PIN. I suspect what you have quoted may be the Engine Serial Number which doesn't help in tracking down the machine.

  2. #2Elrod0072025-11-13 06:09

    Here is a photo of the EIN. Thank You

  3. #3Nige2025-11-13 07:03

    That makes more sense. Please can you indicate which of the warning lights in the illustration below are flashing. It is possible that you disturbed something wiring-wise when you were cleaning out underneath the cab. Will the machine start & drive, and do all the implement functions work.? Also can you supply a photo of the panel in the upper corner of the cab where the fuel guage is located please.

  4. #4Elrod0072025-11-13 07:29

    #3 is constantly flashing.

  5. #5Elrod0072025-11-13 07:31

    Everything works fine. It starts and drives normally. Have checked all wiring, even unplugged some connectors and reinstalled to see if they came loose.

  6. #6Nige2025-11-13 08:50

    That's good news anyway. So all that's needed now is a photo of the panel I referred to earlier to answer the question whether you can pull up Diagnostic Codes yourself or if you need someone with a scanner

  7. #7Elrod0072025-11-13 09:51

    Here is the photo.

  8. #8Elrod0072025-11-13 10:27

    Also, it flashes all time it is running. Not a solid light.

  9. #9Nige2025-11-13 11:26

    Unfortunately you have the only type of panel (there are three types altogether) that does not allow Diagnostic Codes to be accessed via the panel. You said you were cleaning under the cab. Did that cleaning process involve pressure washing.? I am going to suggest a long shot. Try opening the drain valve at the bottom of the fuel/water separator. Check for any water that might come out of the drain hose and report back.

  10. #10Elrod0072025-11-13 14:54

    I drained the fuel filter and no water. Started and still showing a flashing error.

  11. #11Nige2025-11-13 15:41

    I'm sorry. It was a long shot. In that case thre next step is a Code reader.

  12. #12Elrod0072025-11-13 16:33

    Ordered one today. Will keep you updated.

  13. #13Elrod0072025-11-13 16:34

    Thank You for your help.

  14. #14Elrod0072025-12-04 21:56

    Took my skid to Cat today. They scanned it and found one code. It was the relay for the back up beeper. Replaced relay and code cleared . All good. Thanks again.

  15. #15Elrod0072026-01-17 21:07
  16. #16Elrod0072026-01-17 21:09

    What were those part number to change out this display to me I can get the codes, please ? You advised once, but I cannot find that post.

  17. #17Nige2026-01-17 21:31

    See the attached document.

  18. #18Elrod0072026-01-17 21:54

    Thank You