Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 40xt drives

lbcars ยท 2023-11-13 11:40

I know it seems to be a common issue with these skid steers. Mine runs great but the longer you run it the less power in drive Motors. Gets to a point that won't hardly move. I just spent over 2k rebuild the drive Motors and it didn't change at all. Any advise ? I'm thinking about dumping it and grabbing a 1845c. Do the 1845c have these same flawed drive Motors

Replies4
  1. #1KSSS2023-11-14 10:34

    I would guess there is something else wrong or the rebuild was wrong. Obviously they don't run that way and if it is, something still wrong with it. I never had a 40XT but I did have a 70XT and 2 95XT's and an 85XT. Never saw a drive issue, maybe the issue was with the ones on the 40XT. If you wanted to replace it, I would find a 440. Still one of my all time favorites.

  2. #2Mobiltech2023-11-14 11:11

    If you rebuild the motors you also need to do the pumps.

  3. #3heymccall2023-11-14 12:08

    On my 1845C machines, I had to do the pumps and drive motors all at the same time, or else I got what you got.

  4. #4lbcars2023-11-16 19:52

    Main pump looks to be fairly new. It works great when cold. As it warm up the more you have to Throttle up to turn. After about 20 minutes it has hard Time moving at all like slamming on the brakes.