Hey guys. My pins and business are pretty good on the machine except for the bucket. A decent amount of play is going on. My question is do I need to replace BOTH the pin and bushing or just one or the other? Im going to do both sides obviously but for each linkage do I need to do both the pin and bushing or just the pin or just the bushing? Which is the culprit that gets wore out? Thanks
Usually the pin gets wore worse than the bushing, but... How long do you plan to keep it, and how many hours are you going to put on it, are you loading manure or landscaping? If you're taking it apart, might as well do both, the pin will last longer with a new bushing also.
Thanks for the reply. There are about 1900 hours on the machine. I'll probably have it until either I die or it dies lol. I load landscaping material and rocks with it. I also do a little bit of ground leveling from time to time but nothing too major. How much am I looking at ballpark if I have the pins and bushings replaced by a mechanic (price for parts and approximate hours to do the job) or if I do it myself...and can it even be done or do I need a press to get them out? Thanks!!
To remove the old bushings there's a few ways I try and pound them out first using an old socket the right size to pound on if they don't move then you can weld a bead around the inside of the bushing walk away for 10 or 15 mins. then come back and push it out with your finger. Some thing I haven't tried yet is get a can of freeze and cool the bushing off before trying to drive it out. To re-install I weld the old bushing to the old pin slip the new bushing on the pin and drive it in this keeps it square to the hole. As to how much you save doing it yourself would depend entirely on the expertise to the mechanic.