Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello New member intro

Billrog ยท 2016-03-26 21:32

Thought I would join for info and share any knowledge I may contribute. Started with a 580B 30 yrs. ago now 4 hoes later have a 2004 580SM. Have always done as much of my mechanical work as possible myself (trial and error often ). I'd never thought of going on a forum to ask advice in the past. The problem I'd like to solve is my hoe doesn't like to shift out of 4wd without a lot of back and forth or lifting the whole machine and flicking the switch a no. of times. I imagine there must be a solenoid some place but I have no idea where to check the connections and solenoid itself. Or if it could be the switch its self which I plan to trouble shoot tomorrow. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Bill

Replies5
  1. #1Blueboy2016-03-28 20:55

    Hey Bill, welcome to the forum Don't know what to suggest with your 4wd problem but I usually try to start with what might be the most obvious or easiest.

  2. #2Billrog2016-03-28 21:16

    Thank you for your reply Blueboy that's good advice.

  3. #3Blueboy2016-03-31 13:55

    Well, I wish I could offer something more to what the problem could be. But please let us know when you figure it out.

  4. #4Billrog2016-03-31 15:31

    I certainly will Blueboy, with any lucky it isn't one of toughs situations where after monkeying with everything it starts working and you have no clue what the fix was.

  5. #5Nige2016-03-31 15:43

    Welcome..... A suggestion. Only monkey with one thing at a time then test. It gets a bit boring after a while but if you stick at it at least that way when it goes from "not working OK" to "working OK" you ought to know exactly what you did to fix things.