Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 40xt problems

Tupakk ยท 2016-01-02 13:44

Our mechanic is out for the holidays and a new problem has come up with our skid steer. About 2 weeks ago I had to rig the seat switch because it broke. It was shutting off every time the lap bar went down. Easy fix. Well last night someone hopped on it to use it and she described the same issue as the seat switch. I figured the connector between the wires had just come loose. So I remade the connection but it is still having issues starting. If I rock the lap bar up and down while the key is still being turned it will eventually start. After cranking for a while I can get it to start but it is a very rough run, and I have no throttle control, via the throttle lever or manually from the back. I am no mechanic I just try to keep thing maintained and running and leave the hard stuff to the mechs. It's got full hydro oil and engine oil, and has gas. I took a video of the sound P's that it is making to give a better understanding of what I am trying to solve. http://youtu.be/Y4aIPcMQvRI

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies2
  1. #1GaryHoff2016-01-05 00:05

    You maybe have a bad lap at switch too. How cold is it outside? Kind of sounds like the low idle is too low. I have seen where the throttle cable comes off at the injection pump. It's worth a look. Or maybe it's just froze up. There is some injection pump adjustments, to help with rough idle, but should maybe be left to a mechanic.

  2. #2wildchild03412016-02-23 10:26

    Did you put some anti gel in fuel?