We just moved one of our 40xt's to a jobsite and it was running just fine on Monday. Tuesday it started blowing a fuse (the one that has a picture of a "lock" now it blows the fuse immediately and will not start. We are searching for our manuals and figured I'd ask here since you guys know your stuff. First, what is this circuit (with the lock), and what might we be looking for. Thanks. Roveer
My local dealer is telling me that one of the solenoids is probably the culprit. Unfortunately in order to get the cab open I have to raise the bucket fully and with no power I can't do that. He think's if I use the release level (by right foot) that will allow me to travel the bucket. Initially he said it was for lowering and when I asked how do I raise if I don't have any power he had no answer and then said he thought that release would allow me to raise or lower. Can anyone confirm. Also, he wasn't real clear on where these solenoids were located. Does anyone have an idea? I've got exploded parts diagrams at my office so I will try and refer to those tomorrow. Thanks for any help you can provide. Roveer
The solenoids are screwed directly into the control valve - one on each spool,
Luckily I've got the parts manual for this machine so I've looked at the drawing for where the solenoids are. We are in the process of getting the bucket into the air so we can bring the cab forward and get to these areas. Hopefully that will be my problem and I'll back back in business soon. Thanks for the insight. Roveer
We noticed that if we keep the bar up the motor runs, once we lower it the fuse blows and the motor quits. My service company is recommending one of the solenoids #15 on my parts diagram. I've ordered it and it should be in soon. Hopefully that gets us running again. The wiring didn't seem to be in bad shape. Roveer
You can see which solenoid is faulty with a multimeter, as they are different..... Murphy's Law says you have ordered the wrong one You could also disconnect each one alternately & test the machine operation each time & that would also tell you which one was faulty. You just wont be able to move that spool on the valve.
An ohm meter, the proper resistance will be around 9 ohms. A shorted solenoid is most likely the culprit, you could unplug them and see which one causes the fuse blowing but the meter will tell you what you need to know. IIRC the one solenoid has the manual override stem on it for the release mechanism. I think you can pull the release and raise the loader without engaging the lap bar. It would be a cable on the RH side of the seat with a loop on it to grip.
So we picked up our part today from our service company. Since I was able to get the bucket in the air and cab forward I finally could see the parts. I decided to pull both connectors and lower the bar and the machine continued to run. I then plugged in the solenoid that I did NOT have the replacement part for and machine continued to run. I had my guy change out the one I did have and low and behold, the machine ran. We replaced the part based on the service manager AND one of the shop buys walking into the office and the SM asking "hey, which one of these solenoids causes the fuse to blow". Without hesitation he pointed at #15 on my parts diagram and he was absolutely right. Glad he was. I was starting to think about the mounting costs of new parts that wouldn't solve my problem, but we got it first time around. Of course that was a 200 dollar part but at least I was able to fix it in the field. Hauling the machine in for service would have been a disaster. Back in business. Thanks for all the responses.
i have a new battery , new alternator, and turn the key and nothing at all ,no clicking from selonoid ,and no noise from starter please help case 40xt
Always check your fuses first.
Part number please