Hi all! Long time lurker here; first post. I am sharpening the pencil on a wheel loader for farm use and came across a Case 421B in England for, what seems to be, a reasonable price. The specs seem adequate: 1991-2001 built 85hp Perkins and a cab height of 9.35 inches (1 1/2 feet shorter than a 521), which will be nice for getting into barns. I like that is it a step above the a compact loader, but not a 500 series. Anyone from across the pond care to weigh in with their experience with usage, maintenance and parts availability and repairs? I'm curious what folks here in North America think too... Thanks in advance! 1998 CASE 421B For Sale in Chippenham, England 1998 CASE 421B For Sale in Chippenham, England at MarketBook.ca. www.marketbook.ca
That machine seems pretty cheap for only 5900 hours. If it's a Euro model parts might be a little difficult. For an older machine I'd look at models that were more popular. Then if you have any issues there's a better chance of someone being familiar and able to help you fix them.
For sure, Dave! Shipping from the UK to Canada won't be cheap. Buckling down and doing some research, I've found mid-90s, highish hour Cat IT18's for $25k CAD, and will, arguably, have a better machine and peace of mind for parts availability. Thanks for your input!