Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 430 hydraulic issues

Phillipd7410 ยท 2025-08-18 13:41

New member here but I have spent no less that 6 months reading every forum post I could find with any amount of relation to my machine. I have a case 430 series 3 that the arms and bucket leak down on aggressively. For starters it is a machine I bought inoperable with electrical issues hoping to fix it and get a deal. It currently runs and operates with the exception of the lift arms and bucket cylinders will leak down from full lift to on the ground in about 15 seconds. No external leaks. I have capped off the cylinders at the cylinder, lines, and valve body and they remain up no problem. I have capped the line going to the lift arm bypass beside the seat and it still leaks down. This machine does not have ride control or auto level on the bucket. When operating, there seems to be a sort of pressure crossover between functions. Everything leads me to believe the valve body is bypassing internally but I have somewhat disassembled the valve body and cannot find a single issue. Now for the actual question, the valve body that Is on it is not factory. It has been painted and the aux system is set up for electrical control whereas the machine has a foot pedal. Is there a difference in valve body's from year to year where I may have the wrong combination of parts?

Replies4
  1. #1bad Tom2025-08-18 17:02

    There are four part numbers for the valve. Two are for pilot control and two for manual or mechanical control machines. I don't see anything special about the aux control hydraulics.

  2. #292U 34062025-08-18 17:08

    Does the machine have an emergency lowering valve? Is it bypassing?

  3. #3bad Tom2025-08-18 17:47

    Yes, just like the older 400's. Didn't think about valve causing a failure. Phillip, grab that plastic ring on your right console and pop it a couple of times. It may be stuck or needing repair.

  4. #4Phillipd74102025-08-19 10:41

    I have removed the line going into the valve and capped it off with no change. That valve does move freely though.