I purchased a used 2006 case 430 skid steer. I had all of the fluids and filters changed. Since Ive done that it runs for 30 seconds and then it seems like the brakes lock up. I’ve changed all the fuses, all the relays, the seat switch and bar switch. The door switch is already jumped. Now it shutters and then the brakes lock up. It looks like the ignition panel and fuse blocks were replaced before I bought it. I’m going to change the spool lock out tomorrow.Any help would be appreciated.
You did use 10-w-30 motor oil in the hydraulic system? Does the park light come on the instant it wants to go into park? It does sound like the interlock relay is at fault, but you changed it.
Yes we did use the 10-w-30 and no the light does not come on. I work on it when I have time. It’s still locks up but if I turn the key off lift the lap bar , lift off the seat, sit back down pull the bar down and start it it moves for 10 seconds and starts to lock up again. Could it be my brake solenoid?
The solenoid coil can go bad. A new coil checks out at 9 ohm's. The less ohm (resistance) it has, the more current draw it has.
Where is the coil located at? I ordered a new consol for it also. It started to double flash all the lights when I turned it off.
The brake valve should be bolted to the inside left hand frame right in front of the drive motor. The solenoid is on top of the valve block.
Ok. I’ll check that tomorrow.
The 15 amp fuse with the lock on it got so hot it melted. It didn’t blow. It just melted. It’s 1 second fuse up.
Sounds like something downstream of the fuse grounding out. A Fox and Hound tone generator might help to follow the cold side of the fuse to whatever is grounding out or causing fuse to blow and melt. Simon C
A fuse that is melting (to me) indicates the amp draw from what ever it's protecting is close but lower then the fuse rating. Put a new fuse in and try to operate the machine. When the brakes lock up, feel the coil on the solenoid. Might be slightly warm but shouldn't be hot. If you have a clamp on type volt/amp meter, try to measure it. Try ohming out the coil as instructed earlier.