Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case (430CK, 480CK, 480B, 530CK, 580CK, 580B) Backhoe Replacement Radiator Source/Brand

580Bhoe · 2025-03-30 15:54

Water Pump on my 580B is leaking and the bearings are whining so it's going to get replaced. Figured while I have it torn apart I should probably replace the 50 year old radiator before it leaks internally (it's been brazed, it's clogged with coolant and debris cake too)? It looks like the Case replacement part for manual shuttle is A39344 I'm sure Case is bucks so I found one at Broken Tractor for $428 Radiator for Case Backhoes without Torque Converter Find an OEM quality radiator for Case 430CK, 480CK, 480B, 530CK, 580CK, and 580B backhoes. Fits machines without a torque converter. Replaces part numbers A39344 and A35604. Weight: 29 lbs. www.brokentractor.com Found one at American Radiator for $350 CASE/IH 530CK 580B 580CK RADIATOR radiatorpros.com Found one at Worthington Farm Equipment for $305 (free shipping if you buy it from them on eBay). https://www.worthingtonagparts.com/case-radiator-new-wn-a39344?srsltid=AfmBOoq_O7YOlrgYE6yrUaiKzI-iAJL8IOUUZbyHThGCStOlW09qT1pn And found one at Tractor Parts ASAP for $280 Radiator fits Case 480B 480CK 530CK 580CK 580B 580BCK 430CK 480B 480CK 530CK 580CK 580B 580BCK A39344 A35604 Radiator for Case Backhoe Loader(s) 480B, 480CK, 530CK, 580B, 580BCK, 580CK, Construction & Industrial(s) 430CK, 480B, 480CK, 530CK, 580B, 580BCK, 580CK. Replaces Case OEM Number(s) A39344, A35604. www.tractorpartsasap.com At this point I'm assuming that they're ALL (Case included) made in China? Is there any difference in build quality with any of these (Including Case)? Does anybody have a recommendation for another brand/source? Also where/what brand is a quality replacement for the water pump? Thanks

Replies13
  1. #1nova4812025-03-30 17:06

    This place has two. I don't know what the difference is Search Results Search Results www.reliableaftermarketparts.com

  2. #2Welder Dave2025-03-31 01:03

    What's the warranty and how hard is it to get warranty would be my concern.

  3. #3580Bhoe2025-03-31 01:11

    Even if they warranty it, I'm trying to not to have do the work twice. Reminds me of Tommy Boy, slap a garuntee on it and you've got a garunteed piece of ****

  4. #4stinky642025-03-31 10:00

    I've bought 2 radiators from tractor parts asap, both well built and fit right in like oem. Have pointed a couple other folks in their direction and they were happy as well.

  5. #5580Bhoe2025-03-31 10:49

    How long have they been in operation? Thanks

  6. #6stinky642025-03-31 15:12

    580C 9 years, Ford 850 tractor 8 years.

  7. #7580Bhoe2025-03-31 16:09

    Good to know, thank you. At this point, I think they're all made in China from one or just a couple suppliers.

  8. #8MG842025-03-31 17:58

    Just skip the new radiator all together and find a reputable radiator shop to recore yours. If you find a good shop I can about guarantee it will be better than anything aftermarket. We've got a shop about 50mi from here that can rebuild/build about anything you want, from a tiny heater core to a radiator for a class 8 truck. I've had him do numerous truck, tractor, and equipment radiators for me, some going on 20yrs in service since repair.

  9. #91978case2025-03-31 21:07

    Agree

  10. #10580Bhoe2025-03-31 23:22

    I'll look in to it, thanks for the advice.

  11. #11HarleyHappy2025-04-01 08:59

    When I had to replace the radiator in my skid steer, I took it to the only radiator shop in my area. He claimed that a recore and splitting tanks would be over 2k. His opinion was to buy a China radiator, even if it needed a refit. Our economy has become so expensive, 10 hours of labor on a radiator, puts it out of a reasonable price range. I bought an aluminum one and made sure the mounting was solid but hopefully vibration proof. Will see.

  12. #12MG842025-04-01 22:05

    My experience has been completely opposite, most expensive radiator I've had my guy redo was one for a 1980 F600. Completely rebuilt it, new made in USA core, painted, ready to install was like $500-600. I personally hate aluminum radiators, copper/brass units are far superior IMO.

  13. #13HarleyHappy2025-04-02 07:32

    Trust me, I would have rather put in the original radiator. Unsure how your radiator guy is making money, in today’s world. Or rather, making the kind of money most people are shooting for. 5 to 600 bucks is now 3 hours shop rate, not including parts an materials. I will be stressing the aluminum radiator for quite a few hours, right now, its cooling well, will see how it stands up to vibration. Did save the old radiator, may try my hand at fixing it myself but it’s a little out of my wheelhouse. He does charge 90 bucks to tank it, might do that, just to get it clean and see how bad it is. You can clearly see where both tanks have separated and some yokel has dropped 1/2 pound of solder on it.