Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 440 engine oil pressure sensor

JSevy ยท 2025-01-02 12:13

Hello. Are any of you familiar with a 2006 Case 440? My engine oil pressure warning light and alarm came on, on my machine and now it won't start. I am wondering if it could be a faulty sensor? Oil level is good. Do you know where the engine oil pressure sensor is on the engine? Thanks!

Replies6
  1. #1bad Tom2025-01-02 16:01

    From the rear of the machine, right hand side, to the rear of the mechanical fuel pump.

  2. #2JSevy2025-01-02 17:55

    Thanks Tom! Do you happen to know if it is a single wire sensor or a 2 wire sensor? I stopped by the Case service/parts shop and they pull 2 different part numbers on it.

  3. #3bad Tom2025-01-02 21:58

    Single yellow wire. Sensor part number is 2852735 and could be the older part number 277016A1 if you have a 2005 model. My parts book is a 12/1/2006. I think you have the newer number sensor. I would have to look at my 2006 machine to see which one is in there.

  4. #4JSevy2025-01-02 23:08

    Thanks again Tom! I will dig into the machine this weekend and see what I can find out. Really appreciate the info.

  5. #5bad Tom2025-01-03 10:28

    I checked my machine this morning and it has the single wire and it is a early 06.

  6. #6JSevy2025-01-03 10:47

    Perfect! Thanks again for the help Tom! Much appreciated!