This is silly but I cannot find the oil to turbo hose feed location on the block. Ive bought a early model 280 skid steer where someone replaced a bad turbo with K&M intake and a straight old tractor up pipe exhaust. It runs "pretty" well (surprise) but they plugged off the block end oil feed i guess. I sorted the rest out but this oil line?? Cant find where it goes on the engine. Its a 4045T engine used in 310 backhoes also. I think it would be the same on any 4045 engine. Parts blowups show the turbo apart from the block drawings and it feels silly to have to ask, but please..lol..if anyone can direct me to the spot. Below exhaust manifold i guess? Ive just got all plugs and bolts now.. Many thanks
another thought.. Dont know where the oil return goes either. Ive not looked for it yet, so maybe its not so hard to locate
Welcome to HEF Drbay ! The feed on 4045's comes from the engine oil filter head.
Circled in screenshot below.
Whoaa ! Thank you Diesel Dave and mig2361. You just saved me hours of doubt, or worse I would not have looked on that filter housing for a while. Or worse..lol Thanks for the welcome. Great place to find.