I have a 2007 Case 440ct Skidsteer. It has the blue smoke issue and what seems like a miss at full throttle. Researched the forum about this problem. The first thing suggested is change the fuel filter. I replaced the spin on fuel filter, hand pumped the fuel with the air screw out until fuel was coming out. Started the engine after about 15 seconds engine started miss then stop. Tried hand pumping the pump and it had no resistance on the stroke. Rolled the motor over while cracking each injector line independently. When I got to #3 it started the motor running rough, shut it down, cracked #4 to bleed and re-tightened it was still running rough then stopped. I thought maybe the filter did not have fuel, loosened it it has fuel coming out of the top. Cracked the lines off of the pump there appears to be fuel coming out. Tried cracking the injectors side again, fuel comes out with air bubbles. I know that is a problem. I am waiting for the battery to recover it was turning slow. What's my next step?
It will bleed faster if u open up ALL the injectors and crank the engine until ALL the injectors spit fuel & no air THEN TIGHTEN them all..
I thought it might be nice to share my experience and success. Tried the open all no change, started cracking plugs on the pump to see if there was air, there was... A friend of mine who has bulldozers said sometimes if you use starting fluid tease it when it ignites it will get the last of the air out. I know starting fluid is a bad idea and very rarely use it. Teased it with starting fluid it ran for almost 30 seconds after no more spraying and then stopped. I had a different friend who has worked on all kinds of engines, we were wondering ***, finally I decided to put the original filter back on, this time primed, open bleed screws to push out the air with hand pump. Started to roll over and by the time I had tightened the second line nut(no bubbles) motor started up, and missing until the remaining lines were tight and it was running fine, left idling outside for an hour then put in shed. The friend noticed shallow flat spots near the crimp where it connects to the filter housing, on the replacement new filter. We both figured filter could leak air but not fuel. Earlier I had talked to the local Case dealer service tech and he had mentioned he has experienced air leaks on fuel lines but will hold diesel fuel no problem. Something more to keep track of when working on a fuel problem. I plan to take the filter in and see if they will give me replacement, I have known the mgr for years...........