I have been looking around the threads and have not found much on the 445. I am looking at a 08 445 and I was wondering if there are any major issues with this machine? I have seen a lot on the 465, but that just seems to be more machine than I need. So if anyone knows of issues I would like to know before I buy.
An 08 should be a series 3 machine. It will have the 465 loader arms and more power than the previous generation. They are solid.
hi i have a case 445 06 that locks up on me. but once it move it will go most of the time i have talk to 3 defrent case shopes and tryed all of there sujestion and no luck they say bring it in and they would look at it . but they cant tell me what to try. i have a fer nolag of thing i have worked at a johndeer shop some. if i take it in and they think they fixed it i get charged and wheen it gets back home 2 hr trep and it doesnt work then what? any suchestion??????/
If by locking up you mean the brakes come on and the machine will not move you have a bad relay or a bad safety switch. The park brake is applying when the relay breaks down or a switch disconnects. If you mean the loader locks every now and then and you cannot move the loader up or down it is the solenoid on the valve that is bad. They heat up and break down and lock the lever. Can you clarify what you mean by locking up.
when it first start it you cant move at all brakes and arms then when you sickile the key off on and hit park brak releas you have about 5 sec to move after 3 or 20 sickels of key and button you can move the armes then a few more on off it will move most of the time once it is free it will work all day. it is not mostur. i have cheaked seat , cab, bar, swiches i have taken out the vales with the elecrticmags and they move frealy. some times it works fine for a few days the some times it gives fitts. Ive done a test on vales on right side where u unplug on thene the other like the case man said he told me whiule on the phone step by step but he was stumped :Banghead
I am certainly no English professor, but Jasson your spelling is so bad that its hard to understand what your trying to say. You might want use the spell check. Just sayin. Good luck with your problem.
That is probably a series 1 I had one with lots of problems. It could be the computer, it is one complete unit. I don't think you can replace just it as it is a sealed unit. It doesn't take long if the dealer has one to swap and see it that takes care of the problem. Mine was replaced twice in two years, the main control that is mounted on the frame, has been updated at least twice, if you have the old one you should get it changed. I had one of the very first ones that they built, it had so many of those control valves installed I lost count. The old ones would let the loader arms go up on there own. The safety did nothing, you didn't have to be in the seat, have the door closed, or have the restrainting bar down. I sold it after spend more time in the shop than on a job and I never trusted it after it did that a few times. The newer series III 445 I have is three year old almost four it has been just the opposite. Love the machine, has joy sticks, so I can travel with only one hand. I did modify the foot pedal, so I no longer have to twist my foot to run the foot throttle. Much better when spending long hours plowing snow. I would buy another one, just like it. I haven't run the newest one, they are supposed be better to see out of and a little more room, yet.