Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 445 issues

Jer01 · 2024-05-15 22:05

Hi, so I bought a low hour case 445 series 3. It was fine when we were test driving it and everything went we’ll so we brought it home. The previous owner bypassed the seat sensor to a toggle switch. Everything was fine until it started hanging up when trying to turn like it was going back into park but wasn’t displaying that it was in park just acting like it. It will still have functions but will go backwards and hang up until It “grinds” out of it then it’ll move fine until I try to steer sharply then it does the same thing and gets bound up. I’m not sure what the issue is or if it could be something sticking or not. Machine is a 2008 with 1020 hours

Replies4
  1. #1KSSS2024-05-16 09:21

    It sounds like it could be the drive chains. Next up would be a drive motor, but it sounds like a chain/sprocket to me.

  2. #2Jer012024-05-16 15:35

    Is it possible that they are loose and can they be adjusted? Have only had a track machine before

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-05-16 21:04

    Could the park brake not be fully releasing on that side or something came loose?

  4. #4KSSS2024-05-16 23:15

    Yes they can be adjusted, I don't think I have ever needed to do it and I have owned many of them. My guess would be there is something more than just an adjustment issue. When they need adjustment you will usually hear the chain click when moving in high gear.