Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 250 skidsteer

Dblalock · 2024-05-15 19:35

I raised up out of seat and now hydraulics won’t work . Park and seatbelt light stay on. I’ve tried disconnecting battery to reset . Any clues anyone?

Replies6
  1. #1DDoug2024-05-15 19:47

    The seat switch is tricky, they get mis-aligned under there. it looks like a large mushroom switch, and I replaced the seat, could not get it to operate right with much shimming & fussing.

  2. #2Bwillis2024-05-15 19:52

    I’ve got 240 doing crazy things also. Everything is interlocked and won’t move. No drive, bucket, or boom. My service manual is too old for the machine. If anyone has a 2000 up edition I would be grateful.

  3. #3Bwillis2024-05-15 19:55

    Dblalock I do know that the 240’s and 250’s have grounding issues between the instrument cluster and chassis. Without an accurate service manual it’s a crap shoot.

  4. #4Bwillis2024-05-15 19:59

    I’ve heard that you can run a dedicated ground from the battery to the cab and get good results but I haven’t tried it yet. Someone tried to re-rig mine and I think my problem lies deeper. From what I can decipher the solenoids get their ground through the cluster. Hope this helps.

  5. #5BC Placer gold2024-05-15 21:44

    That worked for us on our Deere 270…

  6. #6Dblalock2024-05-24 18:40

    Problem was a varmint had chewed wires going to seat belt, thanks for the replies.