Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 450 dozer

Mike Knap · 2020-12-20 23:17

Recently mt shut off control became hard to pull and push to shut off pump. Now I' can't pull it out all the way, or move it at all, it will start and run but the cable will not pull out and I have to go to the shutoff valve on the pump and push the front side down it will shut off but returns when I release it, it goes to the run position. Do you think the cable or pump shut off is the problem? Any thoughts? Mike

Replies2
  1. #1thepumpguysc2020-12-21 09:19

    If u shut it down manually & it snaps back to run.. it’s the cable.. There’s a small screw holding the cable onto the pump sh-off lever, towards the bottom.. loosen screw & pull cable out of lever.. There r many videos on utube that show u how to free or lube a stuck cable.. good luck..

  2. #2Mike Knap2020-12-21 15:13

    Thanks! that validates what I was believing. Once I plow it out I do that. Mike