Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 450 dozer loader serial #3044709 early 70’s

Crankillya ยท 2016-05-05 13:42

New to the forum, I posted first in dozer loader.But I need track/rail for my machine no supplier in the US has any.And there doesn't seem to be much demand so aftermarket might not make any for a while.So I'm going to try and find my welding hands I put away and see if they still work.Oh and take a trip to the eye doctor so I can see what I'm doing.I read up on building up on the forums to refresh my memory.I worked at an iron and aluminum foundry.Alot of welding back in 70's.What is better,to lay them out or just rotate and weld?Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2016-05-05 15:36

    36 or 37 links, 1/2" bolts, and what size bushings? Bolt centers both ways? I'll try my underground sources. If it will take 1-7/8" bushings, should be able to find them. Welding up rails is a punishment drill.

  2. #2Crankillya2016-05-06 12:30

    Thanks for the reply.37 links thats counting the master link,1/2" bolts, side to side c-c 3-5/16",pitch 5-7/8",bushings id.1.195 od.1.747 closest to id.1-3/16 & od.1-3/4.Front to back on bolts not in my book.I'm going to visit her latter to day and I'll get those numbers.On later models the bolt pattern was 3-5/16" and 4-29/64" and the master pin bushing od. is 1.875 or 1-7/8" s/n 3050801 and later.My s/n is 3044790.Hope that makes sense up since 2:00.Feud with neighbors up at mountain property and my dozer is up there.Resetting property line.I'd leave granny with a shot gun and rocker on the porch.But she's long gone.I talked to a guy at a salvage yard he said they cut off and reweld sprockets to update.Case sprockets bolt on.Newer sprocket and chains?Old cars I know not old dozers.Thanks for your time and help.

  3. #3Crankillya2016-05-12 12:56

    Alright I have the bolt pattern numbers.1/2" bolts,side to side c-c 3-5/16",front to back c-c 2-5/16".I going to the local Case dealer today and find and old timer who might know if I could put newer sprockets,chains and all on her.I know with my cars all I need is a drill,welder and grinder and you have a ratrod.Why can't I build a RATDOZER.I have a 4 hole aluminum flywheel for a Mopar 23" block,If I drill a couple more holes it fits my 25" Chrysler.Stroke it and close to 300hp form a flat head.Maybe the dealer might look at some old books.

  4. #4lantraxco2016-05-12 13:09

    I think you can update to newer track groups with new shoes. The newer chains have an offset bolt pattern not rectangular. May have to have a machine shop cut your old sprockets and a set of new sprockets, weld the new tooth ring onto the old centers. Not sure, I don't have access to all the information I had back when I did this stuff for a living and most of the people I worked with have either moved on or moved off, RIP.