Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 450 hydraulic line size

Tracky479 ยท 2021-08-18 10:56

Hi all, new to ya'all but not the forum. I've got a case 450 dozer w a 6 way blade. The line that controls the directional of the blade has blown where it jogs down in the lifting arm. While getting ready to replace I noticed the line that controls the tilt of the blade is ready to go as well. Since the hoses go through the arm I think I should leave them in place(?) so I can pull the new lines in as I pull the old lines out. My problem is I don't know the size of the lines to go have new ones made. I have approximated the length to be 11'-6" the age of the dozer is not. Can anyone help w the line size? Length? Thanks in advance! I tried to upload some pictures, but i get message "cannot open file chooser"

Replies5
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2021-08-19 11:54

    What is your serial number?

  2. #2Tracky4792021-08-19 21:56

    This is a response to Cory Lancaster, i just forgot to hit reply before tapping keys.! I think the serial number is supposed to be on a plate on the front of the battery compartment (?) It is missing. I don't know where else it could be located. Its all for naught now I ended up cutting off a chunk of the line and took it to the shop. I found out there it was a 1/2" line. The other line was a 3/8" (marked on hose...duh) Its my neighbors tractor he just bought. After throwing a track the 2nd day, blowing a seal last week and having a hydraulic line blow this week now I know why he let me use it, I was the guinea pig to work all the bugs out. I'm almost $600. deep into this thing already. Thank God I've been blessed with common sense and mechanical abilities.! Common sense says walk that sucker back home as quick........as slow as possible and try not to use the hydraulics I'll borrow 8t back after he gets the rest of the bugs.! Thanks for responding anyhow. Nice looking dog. My ex-wife took mine.

  3. #3Tracky4792021-08-19 22:01

    Thanks for response Cory. I replied above. But I got it figured out and I hope to get lines installed tomorrow.! Thanks

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2021-08-20 09:13

    Glad you got the lines figured out. Those suckers are a pain in the rear for sure. By the way the serial number is stamped in the frame usually on left side close to radiator support. Good idea to limp it back home and let owner deal with any future break downs.

  5. #5Tracky4792021-08-20 10:33

    Thanks for your help.!!!