Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT D3GLGP Parking Brake issue

DCI73 ยท 2021-08-18 13:56

Hello All, I have a parking breaking that appears to be not releasing. The serial # BYR01603. The tractor was running and I was washing it down with a washdown hose with high volume of water when this happened. Everything was working prior to this. I had all covers and plates removed. I have replaced the Parking brake switch. When you disengage the switch there is a gear emblem and the parking break emblem stays lit. All blade functions work. I did remove the dash cluster and it was completely dry. I am assuming that I have introduced water somewhere it does not belong. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1CM19952021-08-18 19:14

    Welcome to the Forums DC! I am no mechanic but we have many great ones here on HEF! Just a long shot but have you checked the voltage? We have a 2004 D5G that is very finicky on the system voltage and if it's not 14.4 or close, strange things can happen. Our D5 would slam to a very brutal stop while tracking along grading and we finally determined it was the alt going out. Like I said it might be a long shot but give it a check.

  2. #2kshansen2021-08-18 19:24

    I just sent a file on the parking brakes under the "Start a Conversation" Hope DCI73 spots the note at the top of the page and clicks on it. It's a 12 page print out from SIS

  3. #3DCI732021-08-19 17:30

    I will check it out. Thanks

  4. #4DCI732021-08-19 17:31

    Thanks my friend