Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 450 Injector Knowlege

Hayden903 · 2023-11-30 22:59

I have a case 450 Dozer S/N 3065239 According to the parts manual for the dozer of my S/N range with 207D engine it shows i should have Injector 140828 Stamped 20673, RPL A140827 so i am assuming that means that the replacment part it 140827. By chance what would happen if i put injector A140829 in instead, it has an opening pressure of 3150 instead of the 2750 and it has a spray angle of 160 instead of 150. would this greatly effect the operatrion of the engine? I was sent injectors with a P/N A140829 which i am pretty sure is going to be the injectors for slightly earlier 188D engines and not for the 207 engine. I am new to this and was wondering how much all these pressures mattered. I attached pictures for reference.

Replies5
  1. #1thepumpguysc2023-11-30 23:57

    The higher opening pressure will put extra strain on the inj pump, making for hard starts. The angle difference will hit the top of the piston wrong and possibly burn a hole in the piston or cyl wall.. Do not change just 1 injector, EVER.. Injectors are superseded regularly.. Stanadyne has a SB that states, when updating from a lower opening pressure to a higher o.p., the injection pump must be turned up..approximately 10%..(1/8 turn)

  2. #2Hayden9032023-12-01 00:27

    thats where the confusing part is, the prior serial numbers look to have had a run of injectors with the higher opening pressure in late model 188 engines from what I can tell and my pump just got rebuilt, i had my injectors tested at the pump shop and they said they were used but had life left in them. that was all the details i received. and many parts houses are selling one size fits all injectors so i dont know what to buy

  3. #3thepumpguysc2023-12-01 02:49

    And look at the price difference.!!! U can buy 4 “aftermarket” injectors for the price of 1 Oem.!! (Stanadyne) I can tell you by experience, the aftermarket injectors are hit and miss.. I got 4 for a customer that didn’t want to spend the money for Oem injectors.. Just to CMA, I pop tested them before they went out the door.. Idk what criteria they go by, but that junk wouldn’t fly in a U.S. fuel shop. I ended up fixing all 4.. If u read closely at the write up for the aftermarket injectors, they tell u to replace them “in sets” only.. There are several fellas on the forum that have bought aftermarkets and had to pull them out after a few hours.. And I’m sure there are some that bought them and have no trouble with them.. but u rarely hear about those..

  4. #4Hayden9032023-12-01 04:46

    I was suspicious of the low price of these aftermarket injectors, my machine is running good no smoke starts fast. I was only considering changing injectors because people say rebuild the pump and it should get new injectors to. I’ll probably just keep running the factory ones before I swap to the Chinese units.

  5. #5Welder Dave2023-12-03 20:33

    Could be that people who bought aftermarket injectors don't want say anything for fear of jinxing themselves.