Picked up a 450 case dozer and I have some questions. #1. The ID tag is missing off the front of the battery box so I’m unsure of the year. Is there any other way to identify the year? #2. The 6 way blade functions worked fine when I got it but the tilt function started to stick (the hydraulic cylinders fully extend unless you feather the lever to the right spot) and now the angle function is starting to do the same. What could be the cause/fix for this? #3. Any recommendations for a good place to buy undercarriage parts?
The serial number should be stamped in the frame on left side close to radiator shroud. Check your linkage for blade controls for the issues with tilt and angel cylinders. Depending on your location on track parts. Heavyquip in Memphis TN is a good place to check. But also check out Rock&Dirt for undercarriage ads.