I have what I believe is a 78. It has the 207 engine in it. I bought it six months ago. Went through the usual filters suction line filter looked good. New fluids with the correct fluid. The pressure gauge starts at 200 in idle and goes maybe 210-220 when I rev it. It is the same in all gears. Pressure stays the same no matter the temp. It is acting like it is slipping when its cold and it does get better however the high still seems weak no matter what. It steers left and right back and forth with no difference except it seems running high on one side/steering is better than both in high. If I put it in high range and then in high it will barely move. I looked at the service manual but I cannot afford a flow meter to check the torque and charge. I have been running it real easy in low for what I need to get done but I would like to avoid doing more damage. Anyone got ideas?
Well would low pressure do it? I know its not up to 250. I would throw a charge pump at it if had a good chance it would fix it.