I am looking at a case 450 the guy says it's a 78 but the tag by the seat is missing. The only tag I can find is on the transmissiom it says a450b 2825296. Is there a serial stamped on the frame somewhere? What pressure should the transmission be at? If I run it into to something dead stop and the tracks stop in low does that mean the tranny is weak? The pins are sloppy but undercarriage is good. 7500$ What do you think.
I don’t have all your answers but the number is on the fuel pump side of the dozer . You’ll have to use a wire brush to remove the paint . It’s on the upper lip of the frame right in front of the fuel pump as your looking at it . The tracks should still be trying to spin . Transmission pressure should be about 275 . The dozer has to be warmed up to perform 100%. If there is something wrong in the transmission it will cost you at least 5000 . So you really have to have a pressure test done to know for sure . About 350.00 . Otherwise it’s a big gamble . If it checked out ok the price would be fair but that’s a big IF