Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 450b repower

jross036 ยท 2014-12-02 19:04

I'm looking to re power my Case 450B with the cummins b4 390 non turbo out of a 580l. Wondering if anyone here knows or has done this. That's the same engine as the C model so it might make a good swap. My 208d is pretty tired and my scrapper friend will give me the running Cummins. I guess the main issue would be the torque converter. Doing some p/n research to see what else might be involved. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,Jonathan

Replies3
  1. #1sheepfoot2014-12-02 23:36

    The B has a different converter than the C, I think the charge pump for your B is off the right hand side of the 207 engine, a 4-390 engine has the drive off the left side and is not used due to a charge pump mounted in the converter housing on the C. Myself I would do a inspection on the 207 engine and see just what it needs, you may come out better just rebuilding your engine. You may let him drop you off a 4-390 to do some checking to see how much work it would take. You will need the front engine mount for the hyd pump off a C, and also need to check the charge pump pattern, and drive gear to the camshaft. Spacing for the fan blades/ rad assembly. What is the 4-390 out of?.

  2. #2jross0362014-12-03 13:15

    It's out of a 580 k I think.

  3. #3jasonmo450b2018-09-09 14:42

    Does anyone know if the original poster ever performed this swap???