Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 450B THROTTLE SHAFT LEAK quick fix??

Keenan · 2022-04-09 14:19

The fuel injection pump would leak mild to moderate for a while at the throttle assembly area for a while but recently starting leaking very bad to the point where I need to do some kind of quick fix because I don't want to pull the pump and replace it something just enough to slow it down. As the dozer really only gets used a few times a year. Any help will be greatly appreciated and I will post some pictures as soon as I can. I came across something describing a O-ring fix but I'm not exactly sure how to do it on my particular injection pump. Thanks. Roosa-Master Pump on a Case 450B Dozer

Replies4
  1. #1StevenG2022-04-09 18:36

    I vote replace the crush washer or o-ring. Bad fuel leaks can turn firey.

  2. #2Vetech632022-04-09 19:18

    I don’t believe anyone is going to patch that. It’s a bomb waiting to explode.

  3. #3epirbalex2022-04-09 20:19

    Quick field fix , if there is a flat area behind the arm and on the body of the pump use a leather washer . Diesel will swell the leather making it tighter , needs to be tight on the shaft as well

  4. #4Keenan2022-04-10 12:04

    Hmm ok I appreciate the responses will try the leather washer, does anyone know or have an idea where I can acquire a repair Manual for a Case 450B Dozer. I'm also unsure where to find the exact year of manufacture. Thanks again!