Hey all. So this one has got me wondering. I finally got all my parts together to rebush the center pin for the equalizer bar on my 6N(ALY1819). I pressed the bushing in today, and had everything lined up to reinstall the pin then noticed that there was no hole perpendicular to the through hole in the pin to allow the bushing in between the two seals in the bar to be greased. So basically once I reinstall the ends of the pin will get grease, but the equalizer bar itself won't. Before you ask, the pin I am replacing is the same. I though maybe it was one of those parts made on a Friday afternoon, but to have both made on the same day of the week seems unlikely. The pin I pulled is cat brand so if it was an aftermarket defect the original should have had a grease channel. I'm starting to wonder if it's just grease packed at assembly, but documentation/experience has always dictated not over greasing to avoid blowing out the seals on the center pin. Which as far as I can see is a non issue if I can't get grease to them in the first place.... Any Insight would be appreciated.
No replies yet.