Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 450C blowing transmission fluid out of engine vent tube

outdoorworld ยท 2016-10-21 20:44

My Case 450C runs and steers great but when I work it and put it under a load it starts sending transmission fluid out through the vent tube of the engine. The more I accelerate the pedal or strain the machine the more fluid pours out the vent tube. There is no leaks but I can work it for an hour or two and will have to put a gallon of fluid into the transmission. What is causing this problem?

Replies3
  1. #1sheepfoot2016-10-21 23:38

    Is the engine oil overfilling. I would remove the side panel on the rt side of the engine, and check for a line leaking/filter. Could be a pin hole leek spraying to that area from a hose or tube. The charge pump for your trans drives off the rt side of the engine at the front cover. The seal could be bad on the shaft forcing it into the gear train area and slinging it. Clean the breather on the trans case, check engine oil level, check for hoses and tubes that may have a pinhole leak and spraying oil to the breather tube end, may want to check the pressure gauge line for the trans that goes up to the dash. We need you to do some inspections to narrow it down.

  2. #2sheepfoot2016-10-22 00:11

    After thinking about my post the 450c had a CDC 4-390 engine and the trans pump is mounted on the lt hand side under the injection pump instead of the rt like the older case engines 188/207.

  3. #3outdoorworld2016-10-22 04:55

    The engine is not over filling but I have not added any oil to the motor since this has started and before I would have to add a quart after several hours of use. Thanks I will check the injection pump and hoses and get back to you and let you know.